Letter to friend about intentions after BECE - The Thesis

Header Ads

Letter to friend about intentions after BECE

 Person seated at sewing machine on table, holding and stitching denim piece, with thread spools and measuring tape nearby

 Write a letter to your friend telling him or her about what you want to do after your BECE.

The below is a sample of a letter to a friend. You may use it as a guide for yours. Please take note that this is an informal letter and so the format would be different from a formal letter and similar but not identical to a semi-formal one. The informal letter has a more casual and friendly tone as it is been written to a peer, a colleague or mate.

  

        P.O. Box 23

Amasaman,

Accra.

Hello Kwesi aka Tibonka,

Where have you been? I have missed you. I trust you are well.

It was just 3 days ago that I was asking of you from Abena. Ever since my family moved from that neighbourhood, we've never had the chance to meet one-on-one as we used to. Chale! I miss that omo tuo (rice balls) joint we used to frequent after those Maths classes. How time flies.

Anyways, how are your preparations going for the BECE? I trust you are on top of things. I hear some apo has leaked. Some of the pupils in my school are all over it. Though tempting, I have decided to avoid such leaked questions. I do not want to compromise my future. 

Well Kwesi, let's get to the 'meat' of this letter. I was wondering if you had any plans for yourself after your BECE. I do and I will like to share what I want to do after my BECE with you. 

After my BECE, I will like to take up some apprentice job and learn a trade while waiting for my BECE results. Tailoring is what I have in mind.  The reason is that I have always liked tailoring. It amazes me how a mere piece of fabric can all of a sudden be transformed into the latest fashionable wear. 

I wish to develop such capabilities. Learning a trade has a number of advantages. First and foremost, learning the trade will enable me to become self-employed should I be unable to find a job when I have completed my university education. Secondly, I could design my own fashion label and sell them online as a side business while I am studying. The rise of e-commerce and digital payment systems like mobile money has made this an awesome possibility. Who knows? May be by the time I am done with my education, my  would-be side hustle could have become something big that may even employ others.

You know, great things start small. It's good to dream while we are young. It doesn't cost a thing. I really want to be useful, use my free time well and not sit on my hands while waiting for the release of our BECE results. Time waits for no man.

Dear Kwesi, let me know what you think of my plan in your reply. I will also appreciate it if you share with me what you also want to do after your BECE.

Until I hear from you again my friend.

Cheerio!

Yaw Mintah 

(aka Oseee Mauritania)


You Might Also Like

The changes I would to see in my country (WASSCE Article)

 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.