Letter to uncle giving reasons why you need help - The Thesis

Header Ads

Letter to uncle giving reasons why you need help

 Two hikers helping one another up a rock

Write a letter to your uncle giving him at least three reasons why you need his help.

The below is a sample of a letter to your uncle. You can use it as an example for yours. Please take note that this is a semi-formal letter and so the format would be different from a formal letter and similar but not identical to an informal one. A key difference between the informal and the semi-formal letter is the respectful tone of the language.

 

Sample

        P.O. Box 23

Amasaman,

Accra.

Dear Esteemed Uncle Kwame,

It has been a long time since I last saw you. I was very young then when I last set my eyes on you. Your nephew is all grown up now. 

I trust you are well, uncle. I have missed you. 

I write this letter to seek your assistance in an extremely urgent matter - primarily in paying off of the rest of my school fees (Ghs1,500). Indeed, I do know you have a lot on your plate at the moment. Kukua is not feeling too well, and bro. Kwesi has also recently gained admission into the university, and the university school fees do not come cheap. 

But then, dear uncle, kindly permit me to give three reasons why I need your help. 

Firstly, I have no one to turn to. All other options have been exhausted. The little my mother, your sister, have has all been used up to pay my school fees and to cater to the family's needs. Even mummy had to sell a few of her GTP fabrics to see to it that I could reach this stage in my education - at the threshold of completing my Junior high school education (BECE Candidate). 

The second reason why I need your help is that, in the past, you promised me that if I ever needed anything I should get in touch. So, dear uncle, please this is me getting in touch. 

Thirdly, I want to be able to write my BECE. The issue is if I don't pay my school fees arrears, the school authorities will not register me for the BECE. And that will mean all my efforts and that of my mother, your sister, would have gone down the drain. This would indeed be a "bitter pill" to swallow. Hopefully, I wouldn't have to swallow that pill because of you, my uncle. 

Dear uncle Kwame, please those are the reasons why I need your help. 

I shall be on standby for your response, and I know that your kindness shall not fail me. 

Thank you, sir.

Please convey my best wishes to the rest of the family.

 

Your nephew,

Yaw Mintah Amadu.

 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.